Working in GIS Industry looking for Diploma in GIS at nominal fees ?
Geography students keen to Learn GIS with certification from Govt Institution ?
NIRD is answer to all these questions.. You can enroll this year as per the advertisement below :Discover Spatial Review :
- The Course is good for those who have been in GIS Industry for more than 1 year and working at different profile like GIS technician, Surveyor, Analyst etc. The one year course offers insights of GIS and Remote Sensing with application on Rural Development.
- The fees is very nominal, the lowest fees for any 1 year diploma in GIS Course.
- Contact programs are good and faculty are excellent and well learned.
- Ideal for those who are working in GIS Industry for more than 1 year can earn certification which will help them in switching jobs and demand better salary from future employers .
- Diploma is awarded by ” Hyderabad University” one best central universities in India.
NIRD –The National Institute of Rural Development and Panchayati Raj (NIRD&PR), an autonomous organization under the Union Ministry of Rural Development, is a premier national centre of excellence in rural development and Panchayati Raj. Recognized internationally as one of the UN-ESCAP Centres of Excellence, it builds capacities of rural development functionaries, elected representatives of PRIs, bankers, NGOs and other stakeholders through inter-related activities of training, research and consultancy.
The Post Graduate Diploma in Geospatial Technology Applications in Rural Development (PGD-GARD) Programme is designed for Development Functionaries from all sectors directly concerned with planning and implementation of Projects and Programmes for Rural Development viz. Sectoral Activities like Education, Health, Forestry, Agriculture, Engineering, Roads, Infrastructure, ICT, Irrigation, Drinking Water, Disaster Management, Planning, Monitoring, Fishing, Animal Husbandry and the like. The officials working in India and Overseas as Managers of Rural Development Programmes/ Projects Finance by World Bank, UNDP, FAO, IFAD and various other International organizations. The One year Post Graduate Diploma Programme in Geospatial Technology Applications in Rural Development (PGD-GARD) in Distance Mode is being offered by NIRD and PR commencing from August 2015.
Those GIS professionals who are working in government organization. Its good opportunity as one can understand various government initiatives being implemented , and how GIS is playing its vital role.
Course Fees – 12000 INR for General Candidates.nird adv
The Programme will be offered in two semesters and have 34 credits. First semester has 18 credits and second semester has 16 credits. One credit is equal to 30 hours of study. The learning material for each course has been divided into Blocks and each block will have a number of units. For each course of four credits, a student is required to spend 120 hours for self learning including assignment (30 marks). There will be contact and handholding Sessions at contact centre, which will be conducted by CGARD Faculty and well known experts and will be followed by final examination (70 marks). Each of the Courses and the Project Work will be evaluated for 100 marks.
- GARD-501 :Geographic Information System
- GARD-502 :Satellite Remote Sensing-I
- GARD-503 :Global Positioning System
- GARD-504 Rural Development: Concepts, Practice, Policies & Programmes
- GARD-505 Project Planning and Management
- GARD-506 GIS Application in Rural Development and LAB Practice
- GARD-507: Satellite Remote Sensing –II
- GARD-508: Spatial Data Analysis and Modeling
- GARD-509: Spatial Decision Support System for Rural Development
- GARD-513: Project
Elective (One to be Taken)
- GARD-510: Rural Infrastructure Management
- GARD-511: Natural Resource Management
- GARD-512: Disaster Management
Scheme of Evaluation
The evaluation system is designed to assess the student’s progress systematically though internal assessment as well as semester – end examinations. Following evaluations will be made for each course offered.
Assignments : 30 Marks
Semester-end final exam : 70 Marks
Total 100 Marks
Dissertation : 70 Marks
Comprehensive Viva Voce : 30 Marks
Total 100 MarksPGDGARD-Brochure