The Institute of Environment Education and Research, Bharati Vidyapeeth (Deemed to be University) (BVIEER) is unique educational and research institution. The distinctive characteristics of the BVIEER are its wide mandate of teaching, research and extension which have been major thrusts of the Institute. The major achievements include its projects and programs that have led to influencing environment policy and implementation of environment education at school and college level along with strategies for Protected Area Management.
The Institute actively collaborates with several international Universities and organizations and has instituted semester exchange programs and international internship programs. Its innovative teaching program supplements classroom teaching with field work, guest lectures, group discussions, projects and internships.
This great range of integrated academics, research and outreach programs is a unique feature which greatly strengthens the academic initiatives. The faculty are well known National experts in their individual fields and this greatly enhances the teaching program.
M.Sc – Geoinformatics
PhD – Geoinformatics
MSc Geoinformatics- 1.1L
Research Projects Completed :
- Strengthening capacity building through developing a unique portal for Geospatial Education and Training (GET) in India.
- Prioritization of biodiversity heritage sites in the Western Ghat, Maharashtra.
- Linking biodiversity and faunal values to Cultural Visual Heritage as a tool for Biodiversity Conservation in Maharashtra .
- “Refinement and dissemination of national training of trainer module and follow-up activities”, funded by the GIZ, Germany.
- “Analysis of various national and state laws, to understand its collective impact on management and conservation of protected areas (in-situ conservation) in Maharashtra”, funded by the Ministry of Environment and Forests
- “Prioritization of Biodiversity heritage sites of Western Ghats, Maharashtra”, funded by the Maharashtra State Biodiversity Board.
- “Linking Biodiversity and faunal values to Cultural Visual Heritage as a tool for Biodiversity Conservation in Maharashtra” funded by the Maharashtra State Biodiversity Board.
- ‘Modelling the impedance and mortality locations of wildlife using geoinformatics along highways in Maharashtra State for improvement of EIA, SEA and BIA techniques in India’.
- ‘Ecological assessment of the common effluent treatment plant, Mahad, Maharashtra’ funded by the Mahad Industrial Association (2011-2012)
- ‘Health disparities in Pune/India’ jointly with the University of Cologne Germany funded by the DFG, Germany (2011-2012).
- ‘Preparing database of echolocation calls of bats in Western Ghats’, funded by the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India. (2010-2013).
Institute of Environment Education and Research Bharati Vidyapeeth (Deemed to be University)
|Address:||Katraj – Dhankawadi Campus, Pune – Satara Road, Pune 411 043|
|Telephones:||7447431314, 9422504655, +91-20-24375684, +91-20-24362155.|
|Email (General Inquiries):||email@example.com|
|Email (Admission Inquiries):||firstname.lastname@example.org|