Geographic information systems in their advanced form originated in late 90’s. During this time Remote Sensing has become operational to provide basic information required for natural resources evaluation and environmental management. Remote sensing technology has played an important role in effective mapping and monitoring of the natural resources and environment. With the availability of the high resolution remote sensing data from Ikonos and Indian Remote Sensing Satellites, new areas of remote sensing applications have been identified. During the early days of the technology their use was limited to few groups. GIS instruction was even more limited to few groups. GIS instruction was even more limited to few universities fortunate enough to have faculty trained in GIS. Since then and particularly in late 90’s the developments are quite amazing. The rate of change of education and training had been significant. In fact now the words GIS stand for Goegraphic Information Science giving a recognition that this discipline has gone well beyond a set of tools and techniques to a field of scientific investigation. The Centre for Spatial Information Technology has been in the forefront of GIS education and training in Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University. The M.Tech., program in Remote Sensing started in 1992 has become very popular in the industry with all our students placed changed into M.Tech., in Spatial Information Technology from the Academic year starting in the year 2000. The convergence of geographic information systems (GIS) and the world wide web has changed mapmaking forever. Suddenly GIS, until recently recently a specialized tool of scientists and city planners, is dispensing all manner of geographic information to an enthusiastic web based clients. In this context appropriated expertise is built in this university and is in the forefront in human resource development, research and consultancy.
Source : http://jntuhist.ac.in/viewdept/16#
- Admission to Two Year Master of Technology (M.Tech.) Regular Programmes is based on GATE/GPAT / TS PGECET counseling conducted by the Telangana State Council of Higher Education, Masab Tank, Hyderabad.
- Admission to Two Year Master of Technology (M.Sc.) Regular Programmes is based on exam conducted by JNTUH Hyderabad, counseling conducted by the JNTUH Hyderabad
- M.Sc – (Geospatial Sci &Tech)
- MTech – (Spatial Information Technology)
- M.Tech. (Geo-Informatics & Survey Technology)
- Ph.D. Geoinformatics
- M.Sc – (Geospatial Sci &Tech) | Click Here — For Details
- MTech – (Spatial Information Technology) – 15000 INR/Sem| Click Here — For Details
- M.Tech. (Geo-Informatics & Survey Technology) | Click Here — For Details
- Ph.D. Geoinformatics
Centre for Spatial Information Technology. JNTU